HAPPY NEW YEAR (2021)
The best wishes to you and your family in this New Year. The gift of a new year is one of God's many blessings. This New Year remember to remain grateful, resilient and continue to share the love, faith and joy God brings into your life. We often hear the words “Hindsight is 20/20” But consider these words with you today “2020 is Hindsight”. We do not want to enter the new year as a “downer,” but it is essential to remember that simply because the calendar has now flipped to a New Year, doesn't mean all our troubles are behind us. Its likely 2021 will still hold many situations that will require us to look to God for answers. As we enter this year with optimism about the things which lie ahead, as well as the knowledge our Lord will lead and guide us, we also realize there will be moments of great challenge as we move forward. It is time for new beginnings! It is time for a fresh start! It is time to make some resolutions! From all of us here at Salem UMC we wish you a Happy & Healthy New Year!
Church Council met Wednesday, Janurary 6th, 2021 to reevaluate our guidelines and procedures during COVID-19. Church Council came to the decision to continue to quarantine and postpone all in-person activities and worship. Salem Church will hold online-only worship now through January 14th, 2021. We will plan to go back to both in-person & online worship on Sunday, January 17th, 2021. View a full list of updated guidelines: CLICK HERE!
- We are holding Livestream only Sunday worship until January 14th, 2021. Worship is livestreamed via Facebook.com/salemchurchorwigsburg/
- Masks will be worn by everyone at all times when inside the building. This includes Band, Musicians, Pastor, Liturgists. Come in the building wearing a mask. Leave it on the entire time and do not take off until you leave the building.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at our church ramp entrance. You will also need to sign in at our welcome desk. This allows us to keep a contact list in case we need to notify you of any possible COVID exposures.
- All information is private and will only be used by the Church Office if we need to notify folks of a COVID outbreak within the church. No personal information will be shared with a third party.
- Sanitizer will be available at the top of our steps where you enter the Church Sanctuary. Remember to sanitize and wash your hands frequently.
- We are to continue to try and social distance (6 feet apart) as much as is possible. We recognize that with limited space this isn’t always possible. So do the best you can.
- Nursery Services will be on hold for regular Sunday Morning Worship until Monday, January 14th.
All small groups and community groups are on hold / canceled through January 14th. These are challenging times and people are tired, frustrated, and some are angry. We are all being stretched and pulled in various directions. Thank you for trusting God’s leading as we live through these times of anxiety and uncertainty.
JOIN US FOR WORSHIP
We are currently offering online livestreaming options for worship. Join us online wherever you are. We look forward to worshiping with you! Click here to connect with us live on facebook during worship! (times below)
8:45 am Traditional / 10:45 am Contemporary
(Livestreaming available for both times)
WHAT WE ARE DOING IN MISSION: CHURCH NEWS
We aren’t letting this pandemic slow our mission! We are still actively answering calls from those that need our help. Our community, friends and family are always here to help (now more than ever!) See where you can lend a hand to those in need, participate in volunteer opportunities, or just share your story. You can see others’ stories by viewing our CHURCH NEWS.
We are also actively looking for volunteers to help! Join a team and lend a hand. You can also view our procedures we are implementing to keep the church safe and secure for everyone. View our current list of procedures HERE.
FOLLOW OUR FACEBOOK FELLOWSHIP
Not only is Facebook great for socializing with fellow members of our congregation, but it allows us to stay connected to faith as well! We upload news, devotionals and our weekly Sunday Worship to Facebook. We share inspirational messages, photos, events and more from our congregation. You can follow us on social media to see what Salem is doing and connect with the congregation. Give us a like, comment, or share — and join in the conversation. Stay safe, stay updated, stay connected. Visit our Facebook Page HERE!