Sundays at 8:45 am we offer our Traditional Worship Service. While the freedom and diversity of United Methodist worship are greater than can be represented by any single order of worship, United Methodists also affirm a heritage of order and the importance of the specific guidance and modeling that an order of worship provides. Join us for hymns, litgury, and more during our 8:45 am Traditional Worship!
Each Sunday we offer 3 unique worship experiences. Communion is offered on the first Sunday of every month. Our 8:45 is a Traditional Service with hymns and liturgy. The worship service begins when the people begin to gather for worship. While they are gathering, one or more of the following may take place:
- Greetings, conversation, and fellowship should have some appropriate place during the Gathering.
This renewing of community is a part of our entrance into congregational worship.
- Announcements and welcoming of visitors.
- Singing of hymns and other congregational music and acts of worship will be included.
- Prayer, singing, scripture readings, a children’s message and testimony take place.
- We offer nursery care for families downstairs while worship is taking place for those 5 years of age and younger.
- Organ or other instrumental or vocal music is part of the worship service, an offering by the musician(s) to God on behalf of the entire congregation. Traditional music from the UM Hymnal will be played, normally by our organist Wendy Campbell.
We are happy you chose to worship here at Salem. Please see an usher when you arrive for a Connection Card and place it in an offering plate. If you would like to receive more information on our ministries and activities, please provide your full information.
SING WITH THE CHURCH CHOIR
Do you love to sing? Miss your High School Choir days? Looking for a fun small group
to join? Share your voice and sing with the Salem Choir! Choir practice started on
September 5th. We continue to meet every Thursday evening at 6:00 pm at Salem UMC.
We are looking for new members! Raise your voice to the Lord and sing out loud with us
by joining the Salem Church Choir! For more information, contact Wendy Campbell at: [email protected] Or click here for more information.
We are in need of participants to help for the rest of the year! You do not need previous experience to help. Join the worship team! Make your year meaningful by volunteering your time in serving during worship. Participants can be any age, we welcome youth to volunteer! We have a spot for you! Please consider signing up at the Welcome Desk and indicate which role you would like to partake in. It takes a strong team of faithful workers and worshipers to make services happen. We need YOU!!! Plans? Don’t worry you can sign up to volunteer for any other future dates by contacting the Church Office at: [email protected] to indicate what role and what worship time and date you would like to participate in. We need your help to make worship a success!