Sundays at 8:45 am we offer our Traditional Worship Service. While the freedom and diversity of United Methodist worship are greater than can be represented by any single order of worship, United Methodists also affirm a heritage of order and the importance of the specific guidance and modeling that an order of worship provides. Join us for hymns, liturgy, and more during our Traditional Worship! Both of our Sunday morning worship services (8:45 am / 10:45 am) are available online via Facebook Live.
Each Sunday we offer 3 unique worship experiences. Communion is offered on the first Sunday of every month. Our 8:45 is a Traditional Service with hymns and liturgy. The worship service begins when the people begin to gather for worship. While they are gathering, the following may take place:
- Greetings, conversation, and fellowship should have some appropriate place during the Gathering.
This renewing of community is a part of our entrance into congregational worship.
- Announcements and welcoming of visitors.
- Singing of hymns and other congregational music and acts of worship will be included.
- Prayer, singing, scripture readings, a children’s message and testimony take place.
- We offer nursery care for families downstairs while worship is taking place for those 5 years of age and younger.
- Organ or other instrumental or vocal music is part of the worship service, an offering by the musician(s) to God on behalf of the entire congregation. Traditional music from the UM Hymnal will be played, normally by our organist Wendy Campbell.
We are happy you chose to worship here at Salem. Please see an usher when you arrive for a Connection Card and place it in an offering plate. If you would like to receive more information on our ministries and activities, please provide your full information.